I finished turning the soil, the rain made it a little easier to break through the mud, even though a lot of old roots and dandelion roots were still there. the most beautiful thing happened while I was busying myself with the shovel, a feeling overtook me to stop and listen. The birds were singing, everywhere. I have heard them many times before but this was different - I saw the clicking woodpecker tapping away on the electricity post, red feathered head bobbing back and forth. I followed the croaking of the blue jay as it hopped from branch to branch to tree to tree, looking for its friend or family. I heard the soft whistle of the robins as they fluttered by, I smiled at the chittering laughter of the squirrels, the lovely coo of the morning dove, the company of singing cardinals as they danced away... It was something magical.
Until next time, stay wonderful.







No comments:
Post a Comment